ABOUT DAN WHITAKER CONSULTING
Dan offers his clients the perspective of a senior real estate executive who is on their team.
His easygoing personality, accessible style, and clear ethics build trust in stakeholders and third parties, enabling better outcomes for everyone involved.
Dan is passionate about helping others understand and establish real estate holdings that work for them and their goals. Whether business or family assets, in periods of transition or uncertainty, Dan’s objective and thorough analysis and advice has provided clients smoother transactions, more advantageous financial structures, greater calm, and higher revenues.
Dan has worked for distinguished firms such as Panattoni Development, Quadrant Homes (formerly Quadrant Corporation), Symetra Life Insurance Company (formerly Safeco Life), and National Mortgage Co.
Areas of Expertise:
- Restructuring and recapitalization of real estate portfolios
- Property financing, acquisitions, sales and leasing
- Evaluation and purchase of investment properties
- Management of land development and site disposition planning
- Analysis and oversight of complex clean-up cost allocations
Memberships & Community Involvement:
- Financial Executives International (past President & board member of Washington State Chapter)
- Pacific Real Estate Institute
- Northwest Family Business Advisors
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (past President & board member of South King County Chapter)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Washington Trails Association (past Treasurer, current trails improvement volunteer)
A native of the Pacific Northwest, Dan earned a degree in Economics and Accounting from Western Washington University. He is a Certified Public Accountant in Washington State.
In his free time, Dan enjoys running marathons, riding his motorcycle, and gardening with his wife.
INSIGHTS FROM DAN
Need to know what's going on with real estate portfolio management? Want to know the latest trends about leasing, banking or finance? Check out Dan's blog to find out about his insights into this industry.
“I really enjoyed working with Dan on the Board of FEI. He’s a finance guy with personality”
Tamara Legler, Interim Regional Branch Manager, Robert Half International